There’s no question that social media is becoming an important channel through which organizations can share and converse with their audience, as well as attract potential new customers for their products/services. But how can organizations successfully navigate this growing field to order to ensure an ROI from their online efforts? That’s the basis of my conversation with author and renowned marketing CEO Shama Kabani in this episode of “Leadership Biz Cafe”.
Shama is an international speaker, best-selling author and the award-winning CEO of The Marketing Zen Group – a global online marketing and PR firm. Fast Company has called Shama “an online marketing shaman” and Entrepreneur Magazine has dubbed her the “Zen Master of Marketing”. Her best-selling book “The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue” was recently re-released as a 2nd edition featuring more hands-on advice and how-to tips on how to be successful in your marketing efforts online.
Over the course of our conversation, Shama and I discuss:
- What’s the biggest roadblock organizations face in becoming more active on social media?
- The online conversions businesses should be aiming to create and the benefits to be gained from this type of social conversion.
- Is it a good idea for organizations to create a social media policy and if so, what should be the focus of such a policy?
- What organizations should really be measuring to determine whether their online efforts are paying off.
- The 3 key points leaders need to take note of to ensure their organization succeeds in social media.
- What emerging trends organizations and their leaders should be on the lookout for within the social media space.
As I mentioned at the end of the show, I’d love to hear what you think about this episode, as well as what other topics you’d be interested in hearing more about in upcoming episodes of my show. You can share your thoughts/ideas by leaving a comment below or by filling out the contact form on my website.
Click on the player below to listen to the podcast:
[Running time: 19 minutes]
This episode, along with other episodes of this show, are also available on iTunes (please rate this show on iTunes if you listen/download the episode).
- Buy Shama Kabani’s book “The Zen of Social Media Marketing” on Amazon.com (or Amazon.ca for Canadian readers).
- Learn more about Shama’s company “The Marketing Zen Group” by visiting their website – www.marketingzen.com.