I’m delighted to present a new feature here on my site: a new podcast show called “Leadership Biz Cafe”. Through this new podcast, I plan on inviting business leaders and leadership experts to join me in conversations about their ideas and insights on the challenges and opportunities to be found in today’s increasingly competitive and global market.
For my first episode, I am pleased to welcome Guy Kawasaki, the best-selling author and former Chief Evangelist at Apple, to the guest chair. Guy is the co-founder of the popular online content aggregator Alltop.com, as well as one of the founding partners of Garage Technology Ventures. Earlier this year, he released his latest book called “Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions” which recently made the New York Times bestseller list.
I had the opportunity to get an advance copy of Guy’s book and after reading it, I invited him to be the first guest on my new podcast series which he graciously accepted.
During the podcast, we discuss a number of topics including:
- What does enchantment mean and what’s the first step to take to become more enchanting
- How we can develop more trusting and beneficial relationships
- Why trying to be influential is not the best long-term strategy
- The 3 steps every leader can take to enchant their employees
- Why employees need to enchant their boss (one of the unspoken truths many of us don’t like to admit)
It’s a great interview and Guy and I even shared a few laughs along the way as we discuss what it takes to not just influence, but enchant those around us. So I’d like to invite you to check out this first episode of the “Leadership Biz Cafe” podcast and please let me know what you think of the show by leaving a comment below. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this new addition to my site and what topics you might be interested in hearing more about in some of upcoming shows for this new series.
Click on the player below to listen to the podcast:
[Running time: 17 minutes]
This episode, along with other episodes of this show, are also available on iTunes (please rate this show on iTunes if you listen/download the episode).
- Buy Guy Kawasaki’s book “Enchantment” on Amazon.com (or Amazon.ca for Canadian readers).
- Visit Guy Kawasaki’s website to learn more about his book.